Picture of Thomas 4164
Registered 6 years 37 days
Thomas 4164 Friday, 21 July 2023, 08:43 AM
Softphone: Popup for Pickup signalling
Hi,

our customer changed from Unify PBX to Innovaphone with softphones.
The customer is missing a notification if theres a call to be picked up within their pickup group.

At the moment there is only a silent signalling in the softphoneapp and only if you have the called user as favourite.. If you do not have myApps in foreground, you will never see that message.

Hope you can implement a Config option to signal such a call with a popup.
This means the exacts same functionality as with hardphone and pickup key.

Pickup groups with softphones just do not make any sense at the moment...

Thomas
Picture of Danny 2274
Registered 9 years 104 days
Danny 2274 Friday, 28 July 2023, 08:31 AM
Re: Softphone: Popup for Pickup signalling
Hi Thomas,

I support this suggestions since I currently have the same feature request from a customer, who has a lot of users in a terminal server enviroment. Within the terminal server, the myApps users use the rcc App to remote control a locally installed softphone. Pickup is performed via favorites within the rcc App, but the users do not always have the client visibile in foreground.

An audible signal/ringtone (like with the phone pickup keys) or a visual indication, whenever a call pickup ist possible, would greatly enhance the usability of myApps in such usecases.

However this feature would need to be present in softphone and rcc App.

Best Regards

Danny

Picture of Kevin 5148
Registered 3 years 330 days
Kevin 5148 Tuesday, 5 September 2023, 06:51 PM in response to Thomas 4164
Re: Softphone: Popup for Pickup signalling
Hello Thomas,

I have exactly the same issue with a customer.

Replacing the Unify OpenScape Business with the Innovaphone Cloud and the customer misses a popup to notify that a call is waiting for another caller.

He does not want to have the favorites always open to see that a call is waiting.
← You can define your color theme preference here